The Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities (MINECO) has published the call for PhD contracts to be performed at Severo Ochoa Excellence Research Centers or within the research projects funded in the call of 2019. The application period will be open from October 17th to November 7th 2019 at 14:00h. All applications must be submitted through the MINECO submission service.
The call offers up to 7 PhD Student positions at the Basque Center for Applied Mathematics - BCAM:
- 4 PhD positions with regard to the "Severo Ochoa" accreditation in the following areas: Core in Applied Mathematics. Computational Mathematics, Applications of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence. Six extra positions in all Severo Ochoa centers are offered for applicants from Pacific Alliance nationalities (Chile, Mexico, Colombia and Perú).
- 3 positions within the following research projects being carried out at the center:
- Interplays between Harmonic Analysis and Inverse Problems
- MULTIscale modeling with applications in QUANTitative bioscience
- Development of novel mathematical and experimental methodologies to control neuronal activity and dissect spatio-temporal neuronal codes
The programme is open to students of any nationality. Contracts will be 4-year long and those PhD Students that defend their thesis before that period will be issued a 1-year postdoctoral contract. This grant can also fund the doctoral course tuition fees and predoctoral mobility (up to 6,250€ in total).