Mexico City, Mexico
ProducePay is a new tech-based cash flow solution that provides domestic and foreign fresh produce farmers (growers) who ship to the U.S. with immediate access to distribution and financing. ProducePay’s solutions provide the working capital fresh-produce growers’ need to complete their harvest and grow.
By leveraging our international network, ProducePay connects clients with interested fresh produce buyers and distributors. Interested distributors receive connection to a growing list of international farmers who might otherwise feel limited by current financing options.
You will do analytical projects to help improve our risk management. You will be an integral part of our Risk team, working alongside the CRO. This is an exciting opportunity to join an analytical, data-centric team at a fast-growing FinTech company. You will partner with colleagues from Capital Markets, Finance, Product, and Data Services to help drive insight and develop an analysis that benefits ProducePay and its investor base. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well - funded and rapidly growing company.
Examples of the kind of projects you might do include:
· Data analysis and statistical modeling in order to predict defaults based on internal and external data. Likely through logistic regression using statistical software like R, Stata, SPSS, etc.
· Building different expected loss models for the portfolio
· Perform credit analysis for potential clients, financial statement analysis, and calculating financial ratios to determine creditworthiness
· Cross-reference financial docs looking for potential risk factors
· Build exposure reports and risk analysis reports
· Maintain internal and external risk databases updated with accurate and reliable information
· Proactively examine and review transaction documentation for suspicious activity, possible fraud, or credit risk
Experience and Skills
· Strong mathematical background (e.g. degrees in mathematics, applied mathematics, actuary, data science)
· Experience with statistical software such as R, Stata, SAS, SPSS or Matlab
· Business, financial, accounting knowledge, ideally in a financial services or risk management context
· Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)